New Stress Clinic Inc.
Last Updated: July 08, 2017
- Information We Collect
We may collect and use the following types of information from those who use the Site and the Services:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and other information that may not be publicly available (“personal information“).
- Information about you that does not identify you personally, including, but not limited to, your personal interests, online interactions, viewing data, requests for Services, communications with us and third parties, advertisement interactions, and any other activities when using the Site or the Services.
- Your first name, last name and email are collected to create an individual profile for you. This information is also used to cross-reference your profile with the insurance information you provide on your “new patient forms” and may be used for insurance verification and billing purposes.
- Information you provide when you register with the Site and the Services, when adding or updating account preferences, and when subscribing for any Services.
- Information about your transactions using the Site and the Services, including, but not limited to, your purchases and order history.
- Information you provide when submitting information to be posted or otherwise displayed on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other visitors or third parties on the internet (collectively, “User Contributions“). All User Contributions are submitted at your own risk. Although we always seek to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that our security over User Contributions is impenetrable. We also cannot control how other visitors and third parties that gain access to User Contributions will use such information.
We may combine information you provide us with other information about you that we obtain from your past use of the Site and Services, from our business partners, and from other companies. We may access other information about you collected from third parties, such as social media and marketing companies. We will treat any non-personal information that is combined with personal information as if it were all personal information.
- Automatic Data Collection
We collect the following types of information from you as you use the Site through automatic data collection technologies:
- Log file information commonly collected by host servers when you visit websites, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamps, referring/exit pages, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, click counts, and similar information. This information is not connected to personal information and is used for purposes of administering the Site, analyzing trends, tracking visitor activity, and collecting demographic data.
- Other details regarding your activities on the Site and Services, including your equipment, operating system, software, traffic information, and location data.
Our automatic data collection includes the use of the following technologies:
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We do not track visitors’ activities over time or across third-party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, many third-party websites track your browsing activities in order to tailor advertisements and other content to your interests. If you do not wish to be tracked in this manner, then you should configure your browser settings appropriately.
- How We Use Your Information
We are the sole owners of information collected from visitors on this Site. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We use information collected from you or about you, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- To administer the Site and enforce our rules and policies.
- To provide access to Site content and Services to you.
- To customize Site content and Services according to your preferences.
- To improve the Site and Services.
- To research and analyze the usage data, preferences, and trends of our visitors.
- To diagnose technical or Service-related problems.
- To maintain security over your information, the Site, and its contents.
- To fulfill any requests for information, products, or Services.
- To facilitate transactions you make on the Site or Services, which may include sending payment statements or receipts, or assisting with payment collection.
- To display your User Contributions.
- To contact you regarding Services we provide you.
- To contact you regarding your account or profile.
- To carry out our responsibilities and enforce any contracts between you and us.
- For any other use as we may indicate at the time you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose with your consent.
All information collected from visitors of the Site belongs to us, whether or not such information is personal information, information you volunteer, or information passively collected about you. As such, such information may be subject to transfer to a new owner in the event of our bankruptcy, sale, or liquidation.
- How We Share Your Information
We may share personal information and other information that we collect as follows:
- With our affiliates, including any subsidiaries we now own or later acquire.
- With our trusted employees, contractors, business partners, service providers, suppliers, vendors, and other third parties that support us, which may include sending you emails on our behalf; analyzing your activities and interactions on the Site in order to make improvements to the Site, Services, and experiences of our visitors; and providing support to the Site, the Services, our operations, or fulfilling your requests. These third parties may only use personal information in order to provide such support and are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. For example, we may share personal information with credit card processing companies in order to bill visitors for goods or services.
- With those that we so indicate at the time you provide the information.
- To third parties when we have your consent or when we have parental consent if the visitor is a minor.
We may store personal information in locations outside of our direct control; for instance, on servers or databases where the hosting provider is located. Additionally, we may share or sell aggregate information about our visitors that does not personally identify individuals with our partners, affiliates, advertisers, and other third parties without restriction. This information may include personal information that we have changed so that individuals are no longer personally identifiable. We may also share this information with third parties in order to analyze visitor data, activities, and usage of the Site or Services in order to make improvements to the Site, Services, and experiences of our visitors.
If you choose to participate in any promotions or similar events through the Site or Services, the rules or terms and conditions for such events may change the way we share your information with third parties. Please review the applicable rules or terms and conditions for all such events in which you participate.
- Links to Other Websites
- Third-Party Tracking on Our Site
- Opt-Out Procedures
As your privacy is important to us, we provide you with the following procedure(s) for opting out of future communications from us:
- Email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the specific communications or privacy practices you want to opt out of. You may also opt out by clicking “unsubscribe,” or a similar button, at the bottom of any emails we may send you and then following the online instructions. However, please note that it may not be possible to opt out of certain emails (for example, confirmation emails related to services you have requested).
- Phone. Call (703) 820-1900 to receive help from our customer support team to opt out.
Targeted Advertising. You may use the procedure(s) above to opt out of us using your information to provide you with targeted ads using third-party ad servers.
Cookies. In order to opt out of cookies and other tracking technologies, you can configure or disable cookies in your browser settings. However, please note that doing so may cause parts of the Site to function improperly.
- How to Access and Change Your Information
You are responsible for keeping any personal information you provide on the Site current. Please email us at email@example.com to request access to view, correct, or delete information you have provided to us. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your requests, if possible. If you provided personal information in connection with a specific Service we provide, you may have to update or delete that information by returning to that Service page. Any requests to delete your information are subject to our internal reporting and retention policies as well as any legal obligations that we may have. You can also update or delete some or all of your personal information in your account by signing in, visiting your account page, and configuring the relevant settings. Note that deleting your User Contributions on the Site will not delete copies of your User Contributions that may exist in cached or archived pages or copies that may be stored by other visitors.
- Notice of California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who use our Site may request certain information regarding any disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact information provided below at the end of this policy. Should you choose to email us, please include in the subject line or body of your email the phrase “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice” and specify the personal information you do not wish to be shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
We take the security of your information seriously and have electronic, physical, and administrative safeguards in place that comply with federal regulations for your protection. These security measures seek to protect your information both online and offline from disclosure, alteration, or unauthorized use. However, please keep in mind that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Third parties may be able to access private communications illegally; for instance, through the use of hacking and viruses. As such, all information you transmit on the Site or Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for instances where third parties circumvent our security measures without authorization, illegally or otherwise.
The information you submit to us is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption technology and is transmitted securely. You may verify this by locating “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage or an icon of a closed lock in your browser. The computers and servers we use are also kept in a secure environment behind firewalls. We limit access to your information to those people that need to view it to perform necessary support tasks, including fulfilling your requests. We also require you to create a unique password to help secure your account. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of your password and other login information. Please be aware of when you are submitting User Contributions in public spaces that may be viewed by others. It is your responsibility to avoid submitting information you wish to keep confidential. We will promptly notify you in the event that personal information becomes compromised according to our notification procedures outlined below or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Children’s Privacy
If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or legal guardian for permission to use this Site. This Site knowingly collects personal information from children under 13 years of age. We collect this information for the following reason(s): The first name, last name and email address are collected for the purposes of creating a profile for the patient and allow them to schedule and manage appointments. This information is also used for Insurance Verification and billing.
The information we collect and use from children under 13 years of age may include, but is not limited to, name, address, email address, phone number, gender, birth date, device identifiers, geolocation information, IP address, and any other information the child shares with us. We collect this information directly when your child submits it on the Site. We will not require your child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to use a Service or engage in an activity on the Site. We also may collect information from your child automatically using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technology.
- Notification Procedures
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your personal information may be processed and transferred to countries other than your own, including, but not limited to, any country in which we operate. Some of these countries may have different laws and practices regarding data protection than your country. By using the Site, you agree to such cross-border transfers of your personal information.
- Contact Information
Your feedback is important to us. To send us your questions, suggestions, or complaints, please contact us as follows:
New Stress Clinic Inc.
5194 Dawes Avenue
Alexandria, Virginia 22311
Telephone: (703) 820-1900